The origins of FORESTIS go back to the year 1912. Doctors were commissioned to carry out various environmental studies at this location. The outstanding conditions here prompted the establishing of a tuberculosis sanatorium, built by architect Otto Wagner in accordance with the doctors’ ideals. Today, FORESTIS is still building on these results. Many decades later, Alois Hinteregger discovered the old wooden building. The sunny location in the midst of dense woodland and the view of the Dolomites immediately entranced him.