- Airport to Pretoria hotel and station transfer
- 1 night Ivory Manor Boutique Hotel with breakfast
- 3 nights onboard Rovos Rail in a suite of your choice
- All meals, alcoholic and other beverages, room service, bar facilities, limited laundry and guided excursions with entry fees (where applicable)
- Onboard Rovos Rail
- 2 nights in room of choice at the Victoria Falls Hotel with breakfast
- Walking tour of Victoria Falls Sunset cruise with cocktails and canopes at Victoria Falls
- Economy class flight - Victoria Falls to Cape Town
- 5 nights at the 5 star Clarendon Boutique Hotel, Bantry Bay, Cape Town in a superior room with breakfast.
CAT B TICKETS FOR THE 2ND TEST
Services of ROXSTAR Travel staff in South Africa TWO GREAT WONDERS OF THE WORLD - Rovos Rail and Victoria Falls.
We recently launched our exclusive offer on The Blue Train for a trip from Pretoria to Cape Town. It sold out in just one day. Since then we have secured space on the equally luxurious (some say more so) Rovos Rail, this time on a journey from Pretoria, north through Zimbabwe to Victoria Falls. Our 11 night, 12 day experience really is the ultimate in African travel. You start with a leisurely 3 night train journey north into Zimbabwe where we enjoy a game drive in the famous Hwange National Park, before arriving Victoria Falls on Day 4.
After a brief transfer we arrive at the luxurious Victoria Falls Hotel where we stay for 2 glorious nights within the sounds of the mighty, cascading waters.
We will enjoy a tour of the Falls and a relaxing sunset cruise, before heading back to Cape Town ready for the 2nd Test. Time in this vibrant city to soak up the youthful lifestyle and great climate. Choose your train suite and book today. It’s a once in a lifetime experience. Space is very limited, so do not delay.
No other train journey of this style is operating around the 3 Tests, so there are no alternates!
WEDNESDAY 21 July
- Arrive Johannesburg Airport.
- Meet and transfer to your hotel.
- Remainder of the day free to acclimatise.
THURSDAY 22 JULY
- 07h00-10h00 Breakfast
- Transfer to Pretoria Station.
- 10h00 The train departs Rovos Rail Station.
- 13h00 Lunch is served in the dining cars as the train travels north through Warmbaths and Nylstroom, crossing the Tropic of Capricorn.
- Enjoy afternoon tea and dinner en-route to Messina and Beitbridge for Zimbabwe border formalities.
- 19h30 Dinner
FRIDAY 23 JULY
- Day at leisure.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served as the train travels towards Bulawayo via West Nicholson.
- Overnight stop on board at Mpopoma.
SATURDAY 24 JULY
- 07h00 Breakfast is served as the train departs Mpopoma.
- 13h00 Enjoy lunch while travelling along the eastern edge of Hwange Park along one of Africa’s longest stretches of straight railway line – 114 kilometres.
- 15h00 Arrive at Kennedy Siding for a game drive at The Hide.
- 19h30 Dinner is served in the dining cars en route to Thompsons Junction for the overnight stop.
SUNDAY 25 JULY
- 07h00 Breakfast is enjoyed while travelling towards the Zambezi River.
- 10h00 Arrive at journey’s end in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe.
- Transfer to the Victoria Falls Hotel.
- Afternoon walking tour of the Falls.
MONDAY 26 JULY
- Free to relax and enjoy the Falls and a few of the activities surrounding it.
- This evening we have a delightful cruise on the Zambesi river watching the sun set on another beautiful African day.
TUESDAY 27 JULY
- Transfer to the airport in readiness for our 11:45hrs flight direct to Cape Town, arriving 14:40hrs.
- Transfer to the delightful Clarendon Hotel at sophisticated Bantry Bay, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.
WEDNESDAY 28 JULY to FRIDAY 30 JULY
- Free to enjoy vibrant Cape Town. Lots to see and do. Restaurants, bistros, bars and a great night life.
SATURDAY 31 JULY
- Transfers to and from Cape Town stadium.
- 2nd Test Sunday
SUNDAY 1 AUGUST
- Check out of our hotel this morning.